It’s been a while since I last posted and long story short. 2013 has proven to be an intense year and the start to this year has been a rocky one. Finally settled back in Hong Kong, I go back to what I love best: baking 🙂
I’m sure everyone will agree that no one can really resist a chocolate chip cookie and what better than the fattest, most chewiest cookie?! I HAVE FOUND IT so here’s my now keeper recipe to share with you all:
The You-Cannot-Just-Have-One Big, Fat, Chewy Cookie (recipe adapted from www.allrecipes.com)
Recipe makes 12 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted in microwave
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla extract and egg into mixture until light and creamy consistency.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a spoon.
- Scoop and drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Ensure to space them about 2 inches apart as they will spread and rise as they bake.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes (depending on the heat of your oven so be sure to keep checking on your first batch!) or until the edges are lightly browned. Then cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to rack to cool.
I assure you these will NOT last long 🙂