Typical Monday…Monday Blues = craving for something sweet!! I was too lazy to get dressed to go out for breakfast so decided to make something kinda healthy with things that I’ve piling in my fridge. The usuals in my pantry = sugar, flour, eggs, oil. I just so happened to have several packs of 100ml yogurts left and that led me to a google-hunt for a simple yet delish yogurt cake recipe.
I came across a simple one with rave reviews and the best part of this recipe is that I don’t have to wash so many measuring cups!! All you need is to use your yogurt container 🙂 So I pulled up my PJ sleeves (it’s cold here now!) and went to work…
French Yogurt Cake (adapted from www.food.com)
I was able to make 12 good sized cupcakes 🙂
100ml low-fat yogurt (most personal sized yogurt comes in this size -don’t forget to keep the container!)
1/2 yogurt container canola oil
2 yogurt containers brown sugar
1 1/2 yogurt containers all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 dash salt (i.e. around 1/4 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (you can use any kind- coffee, almond, orange blossom water or rum extract)
1/2 yogurt container chocolate chips
1. Preheat over to 300°F.
2. Mix yogurt and sugar.
3. Add the flour and then the salt- the dough should be harder in texture at this point.
4. Add in the eggs, the oil and the vanilla extract.
5. Last but not least, add in the baking powder.
6. Mix well.
7. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan OR as I did, line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
8. Bake for 30 minutes (Original recipe says to bake for 50 minutes, not sure if it’s my oven, but at 30 minutes, it was definitely ready, anymore and they would be over-cooked! So I suggest for the first batch, experiment and keep you eye on the goodies 🙂